BeccaVincenza

The Violet Hour Book Reviews

I love books. A year ago I started my indie kick and I still haven't been able to shake it nor do I ever want to <3

Curse you Perry the Platypus

Eden-South - Janelle Stalder

I have one thing to say to you Janelle:
Okay so this was given to me in request for an honest review...sort of...either way its just a warning, but also you should know that i am not going to change my opinion because of that, in fact i am truly honestly in love with this series.

Okay with that said, and also this is a series, this is the third in a series and while I can promise you I will not do spoilers for this book, I will probably have spoilers from the first and second book please don't read this review if you haven't read the first two or you just don't really care if you know what will happen in those books. Thanks and yeah.

Song Choice: "The Science" by Coldplay, "The Way That I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson, "Time Is Running Out" by Muse, and "Hum Hallelujah" by Fall Out Boy

First thoughts: AMAZING, while i know most people worry with series that they start to digress but I think this series has remained very strong, and while yes somethings feel too easy I was okay with it because we have had a lot of time for the characters to change. I loved how more involved this was with the other characters, it wasn't Aiden's story anymore, it was evolving in the second one as well but I felt this was really went places i was not expecting. We were starting to follow new characters from the last book, and Janelle does this to me a lot and makes me feel for these characters i don't want to feel for! But she is a master at it, and its really fantastic writing on her part.

Thoughts on Plot: While in the last book there didn't seem like whole lot of fighting, just building the bridge as it was for this book and the very first one, i thought that - i did love the second one don't get me wrong and i thought it moved really well - this one was more action, more relationship building and for certain characters- building them some more. I think that is one of the great things about this series is that while Aiden started the journey isn't only him we get to see grow in each book, its all these amazing characters that i have personally fallen in love with. Anyhoops this part isn't about characters.... the action, so much action, so many secrest being unveiled and new mysteries were emerging. As always this book moved perfectly, i could have been reading for 20% (e-book edition sorry i don't have page numbers) and i wouldn't even realize it. And i would only surface because i love doing GIF status updates. anyways oh and that ending...goddammit! sneaked up on me! more about that later.

Thoughts on Characters:

Well in my second review i did pictures for most of the characters but there were two other characters added in a more major role that i might do some for...

(ALSO if you have seen my review for the second one Moose and Wolf have changed ;) )

Aiden: Well i still love him, he is still growing even in this book, honestly in this book he felt a little bit pushed into the background but i knew that other stories needed to be told and i was okay with that, but wow he has come such a long way! <3 Aiden so much!

Elisa: now this book felt more like her story than anyone else's well besides maybe Rain's. But i will get to that soon. Elisa does a lot of growing in this book as well. She learns what is to lose love, to gain it, to be broken by it, and to be utterly lost, and confused. which as i imagine love to be. While there were times i was like come on sweetie get with the program I understood. I really did things were not easy for her, and i could see her side to the story even when the story was blurred with Wolf's side as well. But she was amazing, loved her.

Wolf: Oh Wolf. This boy, let me tell you when I started the first book i was a little iffy about him. I was like i like you as a character, I think you are well written, sweet, and a good friend but you are getting in my way of Aiden and Elisa being together, so i automatically wanted to put him in the "evil" pile as i like to call it. Not that he was an "evil" character like a villain just a problem that needed to be solved. God how wrong was I. Not only was i falling for him by the end of the first book but i had completely, head over heels fallen for him in the last book, now i am so far gone with him worlds can't even describe. WOW. just holy WOW. loved him! LOVED HIM LOVED HIM LOVED HIM. and he understands that he made a mistake and he is trying to make up for it. UGH LOVED THIS MAN!

Awkward moment for like a split second i thought Moose and Logan were going to be well love interests ;) hehe IT was for SECOND and i can see a major bro-mance developing between them and that is why i am going to do to write about them together. They are the comic relief, with Logan still being as insightful and observant as always and Moose being the wise one that keeps it a secret. loved them both :D

So say hi to the "newer"/more emerging characters!

Rain:

Elex:

Rain: While in the last book i decided to write her off and say goodbye i didn't want anything to do with her, and imagine my shock when we get her POV as like one of the first chapters as well! GASP! Janelle, Janelle, Janelle....stop making me feel for characters i don't want to feel things for! GRRR! (BUT on all serious levels right now, this is one thing i have found that seems very unique to Janelle's writing - from what i have come across and i love it, i absolutely love it, its masterful, deceitful - in a good way - type of writing that sneaks up on you). Anyways so yes i do feel for Rain but a lot of times i am on the fence with her. I still cannot give you a definite on how i really feel about her.

Elex: Interesting character. Very interesting, i can't and won't say much about him. But INTERESTING.

The ending: :| JANELLE. JANELLE. Janelle. aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am freaking out. freaking out seriously. seriously? SERIOUSLY? WOMAN! GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH